Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb




Though I could not feel the paper between my fingers,
smell ink, or taste the tip of the pencil, I could see and
hear the world with all the clarity of the Living. They,
on the other hand did not see me as a shadow or a
floating vapor. To the Quick, I was empty air.

Or so I thought.

Helen is a ghost who is haunting a high school English teacher, James is a ghost possessing an abandoned body of a teenage boy. What happens when these two meet and inevitably fall in love?

Okay, so I read this book because a website told me to. Basically a couple of months ago I started compiling a list of books that
I could read after the Twilight saga was over and OMG this book is brilliant. Some parts of it confused me at first, especially the way the author switched between calling the boy who was possessed James (the spirit) and Billy (the boy who is possessed).

The reason this is so short is because it is 1:27am and my brain is just about ready to shut down for the night.

Bye...x Blue Haired Girl

2 comments:

MarryatvilleKoobs said...

I am almost finished this book (Which you lent me yay)
And I have to say that I am loving it!
I also was confused with the 'James' and 'Billy' part and also it took me a while to understand certain termanlogies used by the Lights.

I have about 50 pages left and I have absolutley NO IDEA about how it is going to end.
Such a good book, thanks for writing a review on it :)
Captain Libeka

MarryatvilleKoobs said...

"...so I read this book because a website told me to..."
You have no idea how strange that sounds. Evil websites.