Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Children Of The Dust


A lot of people would pick this book up look at the cover, then put it down. BIG MISTAKE!!!!

Children of the Dust is an apocalyptic science fiction novel set in the time of the cold war. It starts with Sarah's point of view, Sarah has gone to school and up until lunchtime it had seemed like a normal day. Suddenly the fire bell rings everyone gathers inside and is told that a full scale nuclear war has started.

It follows the story of Sarah and her family dealing with the nuclear fall out and dealing with the fact that they have no idea where their father is or whether he is safe.

I really don't want to give too much away, so I will just tell you that the story is divided into 3 parts, showing three different generations of the family.

It has been a while since I have read this book, I remember that this book really gripped my attention and that I found it very hard to put down. Louise Lawrence has a brilliant writing style and this book is very melodramatic and keeps you wondering what is going to happen next.

Blue Haired Girl

No comments: