Saturday, August 23, 2008

Science Fiction

Well to me a science fiction novel is like any other novel, it has to be well written and have a good storyline. Like Captain Libeka I am influenced by my family, the only difference, I grew up watching Star Trek, Stargate SG1 and Voyager with my family.

I have a question to ask, do you think that you dislike science fiction because you haven't read many good science fiction novels?

Personally the technical language doesn't bother me, I understand the majority of it.

After reading Captain Libeka's post I did a little research, I found a website called Austar which has a list of their top 1o0 science fiction novels, I looked at the list and realized that, I have not really read science fiction.

I must admit I don't read science fiction a lot, I think the last science fiction book I read was War of the Worlds by H.G Wells, which I really enjoyed, I thought that it was well written and provided a good explanation for everything, which a lot of science fiction/fantasy novels don't do, lots of them leave you asking questions.

Well... I think I've said everything I wanted to say.

Blue Haired Girl

1 comment:

MarryatvilleKoobs said...

In truth I had a look at the list of 'Top 100 Sci-Fi Books', and I have only read a grand total of 7 on that list- one of them was a compulsory novel that we were forced to read in English :P.
I think that I have to start actually reading 'Sci-Fi' novels.


1.Orson Scott: Card Ender's Game
2.Frank Herbert: Dune
3 Isaac Asimov: Foundation
4.Douglas Adams: Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
5.George Orwell: 1984
6.Robert A Heinlein: Stranger in a Strange Land
7.Ray Bradbury: Fahrenheit 451
8.Arthur C Clarke: A Space Odyssey
9. Isaac Asimov: I, Robot
10. William Gibson: Neuromancer

My aim is to read all ten of these books (I have already read three)
And I think that you- Blue haired girl- should also do so so I am not the only one reading slightly weird books :P
Captain Libeka.