Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goodnight Mister Tom


It's WWII, London is being bombed, children are being evacuated into the county side and in a small village called Little Weirwold a story is beginning to unfold.

This amazing story starts, when antisocial Tom Oakley is forced to take in an evacuee, young William Beech. Soon after taking William in Tom realizes that he has been abused mistreated and starved, he tries his hardest to show William what a loving home is like. Soon William has settled in, made friends and discovered his talent for drawing. Only to have everything ripped away from him when his overly religious mother calls him back to London.

The first time I read this book was when I was in year 5, my favourite thing about this book, is that it can be read over and over again and each time you'll fall in love with it again. It will make you laugh and cry, it's truly a book that once read will never be forgotten.

Goodnight Mister Tom is Michelle Magorian's first book and in my opinion her best book, it's a very moving book, I would say it is one of my all time favourite books. Which some people may find unusual seeing as most books that I read are not historical drama's.

Blue Haired Girl

No comments: