Sunday, September 7, 2008

Just Listen - Sarah Dessen


Sarah Dessen’s seventh novel. Just Listen is a captivating book about the struggles of a teenage model.

Annabel is the girl who has it all, she is popular and recently starred in a television commercial for Kopf’s department store. Over the summer everything changes, her best friend dumps her and her home life becomes hectic because of her anorexic sister.

Everything changes when she meets Owen Armstrong, he is tall, dark and handsome. Can this music-obsessed reformed bad-boy solve the mystery which is Annabel Greene?

Just Listen is a beautiful story, about the overlapping problems of a seemingly perfect family.

I decided to read this book as I had read 2 of Sarah Dessen’s other books, This Lullaby and Lock and Key. Just Listen managed to entice me just as the others did, I found it hard to put down.

Recently I have lost my will to write reviews, this is due to feeling inadequate because of a review one of my best friends wrote, then I decided that the only way to match up to his reviews is to get some writing practice, the only problem? I cannot think of a thing to write about.

Blue Eyed Girl (due to my hair losing it's blueness)

P.S I'm quite impressed with the increase of reviews the Koobs have done last month, this is due in large parts to Captain Libeka

2 comments:

MarryatvilleKoobs said...

I reviewed this book before.. lol.
Whoopssss
I think you did a much better job though.
:)
Defintatley a good book.
Captain Libeka

MarryatvilleKoobs said...

Didn't you review Lock and Key?

Blue Eyed Girl