Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy and Sad Note.

First that Happy Note (Holidays!)

It is officially the holidays and I couldn't be more excited. While I will miss our weekly book club I am not going to miss the large amounts of home work. The holidays will let us all catch up with friends and reading. I have decided that I just seem to waste my holidays. I spend outrageous amounts of time sleeping and even more hours with friends. To an extent this is good, but to be honest I think I need to do something a little bit more constructive with my time, holidays are starting to get very repetitive.
So, I Have set myself a goal (don't think I am weird yet)
To get through the task of completing at least three Jane Austen Classics.

"But, Three books are nothing Cpt. Libeka!" you might say.

On the contrary, it is actually very difficult to finish a Jane Austen. For one they are so long and complicated that they involve enormous amounts of concentration (the kind which I do not often have) and two you have to look up the footnotes and different words in the dictionary for every sentence. I have to admit Jane Austen has helped to broaden my vocabulary considerable (yet, unfortunately it has not improved my spelling).
Whoa, sorry. I'm rambling a bit.

Now the 'Sad Note'.

Yesterday we said goodbye to a long time Member. Alda has been in the book club since it started and we all really sad to see her go! We will all miss her but we have promised to catch up with her lots (she might even post a few blogs still, fingers crossed).
Alda's starting at a new school next term and we all wish her the best of luck.
We will miss you!


Oh and finally, we have given ourselves 'code names'.
We wont tell you who is who or whatever but we decided to protect our privacy we shouldn't really use our real names.

Okay, last point here. I thought this was really cool.
Someone from the book club pointed this out to me yesterday.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=Koobians&meta=

We are on Google! If you search us, most people wouldn't find that very interesting. But personally I found that very cool. Have you ever tried to type your own name in on Google? Mine comes up with HEAPS of stuff about ME! Its kind of really creepy.

Have a good holiday everyone.


-Captian Libeka :)

2 comments:

Ms McInnes aka G, K said...

Hi Captain L - thank you for so very eloquently farewelling Alda. I think all this reading HAS improved your writing and spelling. You do write naturally anyway but I really think it is extending your skills. Well done, don't stop. What about some more KOOBs posting? Have fun, Ms Mc

RavenclawGal said...

Earth to Koobians:
We are now the number one hit on Google!