Thursday, November 13, 2008

Undead and Unwed

Here I am sitting at home feeling extremely guilty. For starters I haven't even started my English assignment which is due on Monday (clever of me), I haven't updated on fanfiction for about a month and I haven't posted in about double that time.
So I thought the time has come that I shall do all of that and more!


Dead and Unwed
Undead and Unwed
MARYJANICE DAVIDSON

The day I died started out bad and got worse in a hurry.

Betsy Taylor is having a bad week. First of all she is made redundant from her secretarial job, and then she is run over and killed in a car accident. For most people this would at least be the end of the bad week but not for Betsey. She rises from the dead as a vampire and despite several attempts to make herself dead again she just can’t stay dead.

To make matters worse her new vampire friends seem to think she is their prophesied vampire queen and they want her to help them destroy the mad vampire master Nostrodamus who currently controls all the vampires in the city. Although Nostrodamus is unpleasant, insane and a cliché of every bad vampire movie Betsy has ever seen, she has other important things to do. Like shopping for some new clothes as day wear is no longer appropriate attire for her.

On the plus side she has met the devastatingly attractive vampire Sinclair, possibly the most scrumptious man she has ever met dead or alive….



My local book-shop-owner-person recommended this to me whilst I was looking in the vampire section (and yes, I have an unhealthy obsession with Vampires now, deal with it).
Its actually really funny.
It reminds me of how I think.
The main character thinks of witty comebacks and often compares her friends to 'zoolander' and when she discovers she is 'undead' trys to kill herself by drinking bleach (sounds sad and stupid, but its just so funny). She is hilarious and all the characters are interesting and amusing. The dialogue between characters is fantastic. I wish I could make up comebacks like Betsy! This book is for slightly older readers and has a few questionable scenes *cough sex cough*
But apart from that (which is totally skip able) this book is just like a Meg Cabot book; supernatural themes with romance and drama woven in between.
Its also part of a series which I am planning on reading. :)

I would recommend this book to people who liked Meg Cabot's Mediator series, Alavon High and Jinx

More Information:
Amazon
Webie Sitie thing.

Well I better get cracking on updating fanfiction.
Captain Libeka

No comments: